On this site:

Home

Montana's Enduring Frontier

Cowboy Girl

Articles

Biz-Writing

Talks

Blog

Red Lodge

About John

 
Get this feed:

Subscribe to John Clayton's Blog by Email

 

Book Release Party! May 17 in Red Lodge 

Please come help me celebrate the release of Stories from Montana's Enduring Frontier. I'll be hosting a Book Release Party on Friday, May 17, from 5-7 pm at Cafe Regis (501 S Word Ave) in Red Lodge. The event is free and open to the public.

What is a Book Release Party? It's a chance for me as an author to say Thanks! to all the many people who have helped make this book become a reality. And since the book collects 20 years' worth of essays on Montana history, that's a lot of people! But it's not a tedious lecture -- I plan to do almost all of my talking in very small groups -- it's a warm, fun get-together.

What makes it a party? Well, I'll be tapping a special book-release keg of my award-winning homebrew beer. Some of you may have seen the recipe I contributed to the Montana Writer's Cookbook: it was for my Ginger Porter beer. I'll be giving it away, and planning for the party to continue until it's gone.

Books will be for sale via Red Lodge Books, and I'll be happy to sign them. (I can personalize it to you or just put in an autograph so you can later give it as a gift.) But there's no obligation to buy. The main point is that writing is a lonely activity, and when the book is published I get to talk to other people again. So please join me!

Labels: ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?