On this site:

Home

Montana's Enduring Frontier

Cowboy Girl

Articles

Biz-Writing

Talks

Blog

Red Lodge

About John

 
Get this feed:

Subscribe to John Clayton's Blog by Email

 

Best of the year 

I was honored to learn that The Cowboy Girl has been named one of the top books of the year by the website www.newwest.net. Books editor Jenny Shank wrote:
Clayton’s biography captures this woman who was often difficult to love but always larger-than-life, and The Cowboy Girl is a striking portrait of a Western woman who lived on her own terms throughout her long, extraordinary life.

I remember back in 2005 when newwest.net first started, I wrote, "I've long longed for a regional equivalent to the Atlantic Monthly, and this is the closest I've seen in years. Daily newspapers too often lack the longer perspective, and High Country News can't cover it all." And indeed, the notion of making a "Best books of the year" list to cover this vibrant and meaningful region of the country is precisely the sort of thing that would fascinate me in any year. Bravo!

I'm always interested in feedback, via info at johnclaytonbooks dot com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?