On this site:

Home

Montana's Enduring Frontier

Cowboy Girl

Articles

Biz-Writing

Talks

Blog

Red Lodge

About John

 
Get this feed:

Subscribe to John Clayton's Blog by Email

 

The official myths 

When I read the words "official" and "mythical" combined, I started thinking (perhaps too much). The bill to declare the jackalope Wyoming's official mythical animal is the sort of news item that usually warrants a single joke at the end of a newscast or in a columnist's compendium. But I'm always intrigued by myths (in both senses of the word: things that aren't really true and stories that define our culture). So I set out to see if the topic warranted 700 words.

Meanwhile, I kept a firm eye on this page, worried that the legislature would get ahead of my editors' schedules.

Compared to my last WOTR article, this one happened fast. My successful result -- again, my simple title, "The Official Myths," is one that I imagine few editors will use -- is available to subscribers here.

Join the discussion at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/johnclaytonoutreach/

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?